It’s critical to comprehend the procedures required to formally file your wedding, whether you’ve just gotten married or have plans for the future. The specific requirements for obtaining a marriage license vary by state, but they are all the same: both applicants must be in person, have full legal names ( both the bride and groom ) and their ages ( lower and over age 18 are permitted, depending on your state ), proof of residency ( such as an identity bill, passport, or state/federal Id), and, if applicable, either birth certificate or divorce decree.

Following your pledges, your celebrant evidence the marriage passport during the meeting. To receive your Extended document within five days of your marriage, you must present your completed permit to the city clerk’s office for a “records space” appointment that you reserved in advance.

The recognized state document of your wedding, your marriage document, serves as proof that you are wed. It contains details about the pair, such as their legal title, the date and location of the bride, and the ceremony celebrant. Many things, such as submitting it to the Social security administration to modify your past name or filing combined taxes results, can be done with a licensed copy of your relationship certificate. It might also be necessary for another legal papers and providers, such as a pilot’s puerto rican brides permit.